Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Gem of A Find!

I am a live music nut. I have literally over 300 GB of live concerts at home on my computer. Yes - that is a lot of live music. I just really enjoy listening to the live performance of songs over the studio versions. One of my favorite bands is Pink Floyd. I have many, many live shows from them over the years. I thought I had all the good ones - but then as I was browsing on The Traders Den, i came across a torrent that I had heard and read about existing, but had never seen before. The 1977 Oakland Coliseum show.

Apparently it was recorded on a full reel to reel tape deck and they had a great location. Then someone found the tape and a couple of guys with the right equipment and know-how, remastered the tape into the version that I downloaded the other day. It is a wonderful sounding show.DISC ONE:
1 - Sheep
2 - Pigs on the Wing part 1
3 - Dogs
4 - Pigs on the Wing part 2
5 - Pigs (Three Different Ones)
6 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond I-V

DISC TWO:
1 - Welcome to the Machine
2 - Have A Cigar
3 - Wish You Were Here
4 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond VI-IX
5 - Money
6 - Us and Them
7 - Careful With That Axe, Eugene

Not only does it encompass two of my favorite albums (Animals and Wish You Were Here) its just a great show from one of the greatest bands of all time. If any of the Prophets are interested, I will gladly make copies for you.
One final note - The Traders Den is an excellent source for live shows. And the best part is, they only allow non-commercial material - so you dont have to worry about the RIAA coming after you. And best of all - its FREE - the way it was intended to be. All you have to do is share it with others and contribute as a seeder.

Best wishes to you as I enjoy the sounds of Floyd.

Six

1 comment: