Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My 360 Does Tricks Too!

I'm sure that the capability has been there for a long time, but I am not as technologically savvy as Merlin and DJ Devil - so I didn't know about it. One day I am sitting at home bored. So I fire up the 360 and go to the Dashboard. I have never really explored the Dashboard, so I took a few moments to see what kind of stuff is in there. There are all kinds of neat little features in the DB. One of them caught my eye - I think it had something to do with shared media (ie pics, music and video).

I tried to connect to it and it gave me an error, but also gave a very nice explanation for what I had to do to connect. I ran upstairs and fired up Windows Media Player and added a few folders to the share section. Then I ran back downstairs and tried to connect again. All of a sudden there was my PC to go look at pictures from. I thought this is the coolest thing since sliced bread! Then I had one of those wondering moments. You know, the ones that are few and far between, but end up being a really good idea?? Yea, I had one of those!

I ran back upstairs and added my movies folder to the share directory of Media Player. Ran back downstairs and was suddenly tired. After a quick breather, I went back into the DB and went to the video section. There was my folder on my portable hard drive! So I browsed through and within minutes, I was watching the Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer through my 360, off my PC, on my big screen TV. It was truly a wonderful moment.

So now I can watch movies, view photographs and listen to music off my computer, all from the comfort of my sofa, all thanks to my little friend - XBOX 360.

S-I-X

1 comment:

  1. NICE! You should see what it can do if you have Media Center PC!

    I tell you, Microsoft has gotten it right with the 360. It truly will be the entertainment hub for households going forward. Linking it with your PC and now netflix streams soon to be available? It's really an impressive little piece of technology. If yours is not on your network linked to your home computer - GET IT ON THERE!

    D3V

    ReplyDelete