Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gamer Score and You

So this past Christmas, my nephew got Guitar Hero 3 for his Play Station. I played it that day over at my sister's house and I quickly learned that it was a fun game to play. That and I totally kicked my nephew's butt!! So within the next few days I decided that I was going to purchase the game for me and my X-Box 360 (far superior to the Play Station). So I did.

Then I looked at my gamer score and saw that I was under 1000 points. I thought that was rather lame so I set out to raise my score. I set a goal of 3000 points for myself to get to by this summer. I mean I was just under 1000 - so I figured 2000 points shouldn't be that hard to accumulate. But how to do this without breaking my bank account and buying every cool game out there?? Simple - play the games I already have! Mind you, I had Gears of War that I had not played and I had a few other games that I had tried and put away. It was just a matter of playing games and having fun playing them. I think I can handle that!!

So I started playing Guitar Hero 3. In a matter of days I had beaten the Tour on Easy mode and was more than half way through the Tour on Medium. I tried Hard - and it was really hard. So I stuck with Medium. Then I borrowed GH 2 from a friend and applied the same technique. Blew away Easy and Medium on that, all the while racking up gamer score points.

Then Devil persuaded me to try Gears of War. So I did. WOW!! Talk about a life changing event. OK - so maybe its not that good - but it was the best game I had played since Halo 3 game out. Devil and I co-opped our way through the campaign on that and finished shortly before the release of Gears 2. Well I did go out and buy that game. Gears 2 blew away GOW. It was awesomely good. Once again, Devil and I plowed through the campaign on that one too. Then did it again on Hardcore!! NICE.

So by this time, I had hurtled across the 2000 point barrier and was well on my way to my 3000 points. Also, by this time, Bungie released the Mythic Map Pack for Halo 3. Along with that were a whole slew of new achievements. So the Prophets have been working on unlocking many of those achievements and enjoying the new maps.

While I am just shy of 3000 points, I am pretty sure I will be there shortly. I put together a list of the games played by the Prophets and how much gamer score we have achieved in each game. My challenge to each of the Prophets is to get to 3000 points! I will play Halo, Gears of War, Guitar Hero and Battlefield: Bad Company with any of you any time. The only game I won't play is that DDR/DS 2 game that Domino got (he claims for his daughter - but I know its his favorite). So take a look at the chart and start building up for that 3000 mark!




2 comments:

  1. Do you think that there should be some sort of Powercap to commemorate reaching certain gamerscore milestones?

    3,000 ?
    5,000 ?
    10,000 ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id be in favor of that!

    What do we call them?

    ReplyDelete