Monday, September 15, 2008

Milestones and Memories

Some time ago, Merlin, Devil, Domino and myself used to get together every so often on Fridays to play Halo. We coined the name "Halo Friday" and an idea was born. If you are at all familiar with www.halofriday.com, you are well familiar with the story. I will not retell it here.

This weekend I was playing Halo III and nearing several in game milestones for myself. As I came closer to some of the marks, I sat and remembered the good old days of gathering at someone's home and playing Halo, eating pizza/wings, drinking beer and doing shots of George Dickel. I really miss those days. They were some fantastic moments.

The whole idea of Halo Friday was for good friends to get together and have a good time for a few hours. When we all got X-box 360s the hope was that it would be even easier to get together because we could do it from the comfort of our own homes and not have to drive anywhere to get together. Early on it was great. Every Friday we would join around 8:00 and play for several hours and have a good time. Lately, its been hit or miss and we have been lucky to get two or three guys together for more than one or two matches.

But enough about memories. On to my milestones. I know some readers will look at these and say - "That's all you got? You SUCK!" Well - these are my milestones. I'm a casual gamer playing to have fun more than anything. So here goes (note these are only for RANKED matches):

Milestones
TOTAL KILLS - 4000
DOUBLE KILLS - 200
KILLING FRENZY - 1

Almost Milestones
KILLING SPREES - 48 (50)
BEAT-DOWNS - 970 (1000)
ASSASSINATIONS - 186 (200)
SNIPES - 48 (50)
GRENADE STICKS - 286 (300)

I was very happy to get my first killing frenzy. It took me a very long time to get it. The very next match I had a spree of 9 - so I almost had TWO in one day. But oh well.

Now, I am laying out a personal challenge to MERLIN, DOMINO and DEVIL to match my milestones!! OR even surpass my milestones!! Can you do it??

No comments:

Post a Comment