Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Midnight Madness And Lack Of Sleep

Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to go to Gamestop at midnight to pick up my preordered copy of ODST. Well, I did it. I went down there at 10PM because they called me this past weekend and let me know that I could come down at 10 and process my transaction so that at midnight, I would not have to wait in line. So at 10 I said to myself, I'm just going to run down there and peek to see if there is a big crowd. When I got there, it was really slow with only a couple of kids loitering around chatting up the employees. So I thought, why not. I paid my balance, got my receipt and headed back home to kill the next two hours. Once midnight approached, I headed back down and much to my (happy) surprise, there was close to 20 'kids' waiting in line. There was even a mom and a dad there to approve the M-rated game and they both did so without hesitation.

As the clock struck 12 they they started calling names for the people that had pre-processed at 10PM. I was the 5th name called, they handed me a shiny new copy of ODST and the Sgt Johnson token, I then jumped in my car and by 12:10 was watching the opening cutscene.



Overall it was a fairly painless procedure, not counting the late bedtime, and I then stayed up till 1am playing. Five (easy) achievements and just under an hour of gameplay was all I could muster. I had to force myself away or I would have pulled an all-nighter, and at this point in my life - that ain't happenin'. And let me be perfectly clear, if the Gamestop was not less than a 90-second drive from my house, none of this would have even been a consideration!

So as soon as I get home tonight, have some dinner with my wife and then walk the dog, I'm back into New Mombasa looking for CLUES! Oh, and AMMO! Holy cripes that stuff is SCARCE!

later,
|)3V!|_

No comments:

Post a Comment