Friday, February 20, 2009

Wil Wheaton, Yes THAT Wil Wheaton, Is My (geek) Hero. And he loved WATCHMEN!

If you don't know who Wil Wheaton is, you probably don't belong here. OK, you can stay for now, but you're on notice. I have been reading Wil's blog recently after hearing him on Major Nelson's podcast back in December (listen). It was such a great interview and gave me new found respect for the ST:TNG actor that I decided right then and there that he was the geek that I wanted to be. Listen to that podcast and read what I am about to link and tell me I'm wrong. You won't be able to do it. Sorry, Wil Wheaton is fucking COOL. So when I stumbled upon a link to a post by Chris Hardwick on Gizmodo (Chris appears on G4TV and is a pretty famous geek in his own right) about how fucking awesome The Watchmen movie is and that Wil's spoiler-free review is so perfect that everyone should read it... That's exactly what I did.

Sold. I'm there. I trust these two guys in their review. I have read Watchmen twice and I can tell you that it indeed does belong on Time's top 100 novels of all time (remember this is a COMIC and there was no comic or graphic novel category on Time's list. It's just that good). Reading it, I said to myself, there is no way that they could film this, but if they did it would have to be amazing. Well according to Wil and Chris, our hopes have been realized. They didn't fuck it up and it's totally, mind-blowingly amazing.

So far I have F-bombed 3 times in this post. Is anybody listening?? That's how good Watchmen is and how cool Wil Wheaton is.

Go read his review. Do yourself a favor. Not sure? ask yourself these questions. If you answer yes to any of them, you're more like Wil than you think.

Do you like computers and gadgets?
Do you like smart, well written articles?
Do you consider yourself a geek?
Do you now or did you ever play D&D?
Do you have an Xbox?
Are you a fan of Star Trek? Star Wars?
Do you like Sci-Fi / Fantasy in general?
Do you read or collect comic books?

If ANY of these sound like you, chances are you'll like what you read on Wil's blog. But for now go read the entry "WATCHMEN is fucking awesome".

That was 4. I'm done now...

|)3V!|_




No comments:

Post a Comment