Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gears of War - to be a Trilogy of Films??

The guy who directed the Underworld series and Live Free or Die Hard has been tapped to write and direct the Gears of War movies. I say movies, as in three movies. He believes that the story can be told to its greatest effect over the course of three films. Oh, by the way, his name is Len Wiseman.

In a recent interview with Bloody-Disgusting.com, Mr. Wiseman explains how he found Gears of War and briefly tells about what he intends to do.

“I’m writing Gears Of War with Chris Morgan, who wrote Wanted,” he tells BD before explaining that he wasn’t much of a gamer until he saw GOW in his movie Live Free Or Die Hard.

“I suck at video games, it just takes me too long and I can’t get the coordination of ‘em. When I was on [Live Free Or] Die Hard, I had to choose some video game for the background in a scene with Kevin Smith. I was shown about a dozen games and told to ‘Choose one to be in the background’ and I said ‘this one looks really, really cool whatever it is,’ and it was Gears Of War. I just really connected with it; the design of it the world, the whole thing. So I actually brought an Xbox 360 to start researching what it was.”

“It’s going to be much more [on the] science fiction side of it than the creature side of it. I’ve always been much more of a sci-fi action fan than a horror fan,” he reveals also explaining that he wants the scope of the film to be told over the course of three films! “The hope is that were wanting to do a three movies and really cover the bases on everything. Basically a harder edged Lord Of The Rings.”


And now, some obligatory pictures from Gears.



1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! You might want to check out this excellence in blogging badge that I received. If you are interested you might be able to get it. Later!

    ReplyDelete